I've always dislike History since school. But it seems to huant me!
uboi was admitted again - 3rd attack of asthma! This time, from 2/11(Fri) - 5/11(Mon).
Started with runny nose on 31/10(Wed). Getting worried, because upapa was still outstationed and will not be back till Sunday. Cannot understand, already been giving him piriton every night, how come still get runny nose. Nevertheless, on same night, I puffed him and administered illadin on top of the usual piriton.
When I fetched uboi from babysitter on Thurs evening, she told me uboi started coughing. Now I'm paraniod! Stepped up to 4hourly puff throughout the night for him. I did not sleep well. Prior to this episode, I was already getting near to insomnia. Having difficulty sleeping. Slept on average of 2-3hrs a day for 2 consecutive weeks. Now....worse!
Initially planned to bring uboi to PD on Fri morning but his runny nose seemed to stop and he was still looking good as usual self. So decided to prolong 1 more day. If symptons continued, shall bring him the next day and asked my parents along to help.
Even before Friday night, the nightmare began! Received call from babysitter around 3.40pm. She had asked me to bring uboi to doc in the evening, commented that he looked very uncomfortable, panting...
She's a typical elderly who believes nothing major or serious, better do not visit doctors. As her words lingered in my ears, I told myself, the condition must be very bad otherwise she would not have called and asked me so. I took no chance! Asked her to puff him immediately while I rushed down. When I reached, uboi was already restless, whinning, panting, breathless!
The caregivers were still unaware its another attack. Rather they were more concerned if they need to prepare his dinner....
My immediate response was to send uboi to A&E. But how?! I'm alone! Need to drive, cannot carry him. His extensive & prolong crying would worsen his condition.... So I puffed him every 15mins like what was done on him during his past visits in A&E. After half an hour, his condition do not seemed to improve. I could not wait longer. I sped home! uboi cried the journey home but I had no choice. Waiting at babysitter's house was not a solution either. Got my parents over to help and they reached past 6pm, quickly packed some stuffs and my dad squeezed his way through the peak hour jam to KKH.
By now, I'm already trained with the routine procedures at A&E. Headed to the "Red Door" awaited for the doctor and its puffs and oxygen as usual. uboi was crying badly and the resistance towards the every 15mins puff simply triggered him to cry more! His oxygen level was low, breathlessness did not improved. Verdict - Admission!
My poor boy had to puff every 15mins from 4.30pm until almost 11pm! Can u imagine that...with every puff, he struggled & cried louder, worsening his condition. Finally he slept around 10pm, that's when his panting improved. So doctor revised his puff to every half hourly. In the middle of the night, uboi was woken up and his panting & breathelessness returned again! I requested the doctor to step up the puff to every 15mins again. Thank Godness, managed to calm him down and got him back to sleep. The 15mins cycle continued till about 4am, that was stepped down to half hourly again.
With him sleeping, I also finally had a chance to sit down & rest. Throughout, he rejected everyone I cannot even sit. Whenever I try to sit down (still carrying him, continuing rocking him), he knew and would cried louder! So I had to stand, rocking & pacifying him, all the while from home.
He slept pretty well, breatheless also gone. But his condition dipped after his 6.45am puff. The cries, tears, whines & struggles repeated! I had to carry him again, rocked him, talked to him... he could not stop! Its was still so early, I was afraid of disturbing other patients, brought him outside the room... no help. He just went on & on...& on.. Put him on bed also cannot.. I was all alone! Have not even brushed, combed nor visited the toilet. All I did was carried and rocked him till the doctor came to review at 9.45am! That was almost 2.5hrs! uboi had already turned alittle blue! His lips were purple & face also turned color! I was afraid & tired....my hands were aching & trembling from the carrying.
The doctor gave me a "now-how? wat-to-give" look. I snapped! I asked her "he's already on 15mins puff for more than 12hrs. Still like this...now what? I'm all alone!" and I broke down...
Wa... the doctors & nurses were shocked. They drew the curtains, asked me to put the baby down ... got me to sit down, gave me tissue...patted my shoulders...talked to me...asked me if there's anyone else to help relieve me... Think they scared I might slipped into depression and do harm to the baby... Anyway, felt better after alittle wayang! haha.. Since then, many nurses especially the "Sister" nurse kept popping by to check on us. Offered to buy my breakfast, look after awhile for me so that I can take a few minutes break. But I'm fine... just felt helpless & tired. My hands were almost breaking from the whole morning of carrying. And I was really all alone. Did not have anything to eat until my parents bought me food about 1pm.
The doctor added another type of puff for uboi. I overheard her telling the nurse if the condition still do no improve with the new puff, uboi had to be sent to High-Dependency Ward! But was glad, uboi's condition did improve after the introduction of new puff. It was gradually stepped down to half hourly, to hourly and to 2hourly.
Told myself...hang on..hang on... upapa is coming back liao! upapa touched down on Sunday wee morning. Rushed home, put down his stuffs and drove to hospital immediately. Reached us about 4.30am. Seeing him, I felt I've grown another pair of hands.....help at last!
Everything went on well with the new puff. uboi is now officially recruited into National Asthma Association and consider a High-Risk-Member. Gosh...so young already member of some unhealthy association and moreover High Risk!
Haaiii... All we can do now is to religiously administer treatment and keep him under control.
Lastly Pray Hard!!!


5 comments:
Oh dear Jac, u must be so terrified n worried... i juz read the events on Ugo's third attack, u were all alone w a very discomfort Ugo... must be hard on u... u are so brave, gal!! Jiayou!! n Brave boy Ugo too... to withstd such conditions at such young age... Upapa must be aching when he know all these...
--virgo with hugs..
Me just read ur long blog..can understand ur fear,tiredness n etc..
N oso hor went to uboi's bday.found tt u really slim dwn alot..keep forgetting to tell u tt..Beri chiam leh..
Looney
sayang uboi.
he is fortunate to have a strong mum like you.
:)
jedamum
Hi. After reading what happen to Prince Ugo, felt so bad. Wish I was there to help out too. Can understand how you feel. U are a strong mummy. Jia Yew!
Thank U mommies.
Am I really strong? I think its more of bo pian... nobody ard to help. But its true such, then we learn more & grow.
Post a Comment