Monday, August 27, 2007

Hospital Stay - Aftermath

There I met 3parents. Found it rather tough to accept their situations and empathize with them.

1st, a Dubai family of 4 who flew in for the treatment of their elder son 3yrs old - Leukemia. Brought their maid along, but ran out of them 1week ago then. As I talked to them, they were putting up at Ronald McDonald's House in KKH and handling the maid's case between embassies, polices and agencies within 3countries - Spore, Dubai & Philippines.

2nd, always see this daddy carrying a newborn with a bangadged arm around the ward. Found out that the baby girl was only 6wks old down with - Meningitis! Cannot believe it! Just 6wks old and contracted with such disease. Apparently the mummy was still doing her confinement but took turns to come hospital to take care of the newborn, as they still have an elder girl recuperating from cancer!! Let's all pray and bless this family.

3rd, a young couple carrying another baby walking rounds even in the mid-nights and wee mornings. I walked up and talked to the mummy. The baby was 4mths old with red and cracked lips, swollen eyes and rashes with high fever. No diagnosis yet but with many suspects which freaked the parents out. But I thought the symptoms looked familar.

On my last day, she told me her daughter was suspected of Kawasaki Disease. So my intuition was right. The symptoms were just like Jadyn's. After getting Jeffery's permission, I offered his contact to her as a support group. It was so nice to know that Jeffery and Doris paid the couple a visit in the hospital that very evening. Sharing their experience and offering their help. I was so touched! So was that mummy - Doris, and I got to know her name only through Jeffery. To date, they are still in contact. I felt like I have matchmade 2couples. LOL! Great Feeling. I believe in paying it forward.....

No comments: