
While upapa was away for 3wks, babysitter was also on holidays for 6days. I had 6 x 24hrs (excluding weekends) with uboi all to myself.
Was that considered joy or horror?
Each day has been a gym class for me. Working out with my active boy. Crawling with him, picking up toys behind him, entertaining him, feeding him, tucking him to sleep etc etc.... of course there were laughters between us too.
I praise myself for being able to take care of uboi, including cooking 2 of his meals, my own meals and not forgetting the routine housework.
Naps are very important to both of us. Its for him to re-engergise and me to recharge. Within mere 30mins - 1hr, I have to prepare his meals, cook for myself, eat and shower. If I'm lucky, I would nap between 10-15mins with him. That's A BONUS FOR ME!
Nights are worst! I still have not figure out a way to overcome.
uboi seems to have problem sleeping through nights. If water can pacify him - Great! Mostly, he wants feed. But the feeds could be as demanding as every 2hrs! At nights, he tends to turn, flip and toss with EYES CLOSED. Sometimes he would even sit up and cry. He can starts this routine several times throughout the night and last as long as an hour. On bad times, I may have to bring him out in the living room to sing and rock him to sleep again. And its draining me as a Sleep-Deprived-Breastfeeding-Mom. **SOS**
UNFORGETTABLE INCIDENTS
1. On the 1st night without upapa, uboi was sleeping when I mumbled into his ears telling him "... Daddy working, not coming home for 3wks..... u must be good boy.... must listen to mummy......"
Guess wat?!
uboi moved and used his hands to cover his ears!
wahahahahaaaa...... is that sign of defying boy or naggy mom?
2. The musical toy on his walker was long out of battery and 1 of the train was detached. Whenever, he pressed the buttons, without the usual music and movements, he looked Bored and Uninterested.
1 day I decided to play the role of daddy and repaired the toy. Took out upapa's toolbox and vola ... it worked again!
When uboi woke up, I placed the toy on his walker and placed my finger on the button prompting him to press. He really pressed and the music and movements returned.
uboi SMILED!
My tiredness suddenly all disappeared watching his naive and easily-contented smile...... That moment of joy was undescribable. Its definitely far more satisfying than any of my accomplishments in my years of studies and work!
Guess that's what people mean by Joys of Parenting
Was that considered joy or horror?
Each day has been a gym class for me. Working out with my active boy. Crawling with him, picking up toys behind him, entertaining him, feeding him, tucking him to sleep etc etc.... of course there were laughters between us too.
I praise myself for being able to take care of uboi, including cooking 2 of his meals, my own meals and not forgetting the routine housework.
Naps are very important to both of us. Its for him to re-engergise and me to recharge. Within mere 30mins - 1hr, I have to prepare his meals, cook for myself, eat and shower. If I'm lucky, I would nap between 10-15mins with him. That's A BONUS FOR ME!
Nights are worst! I still have not figure out a way to overcome.
uboi seems to have problem sleeping through nights. If water can pacify him - Great! Mostly, he wants feed. But the feeds could be as demanding as every 2hrs! At nights, he tends to turn, flip and toss with EYES CLOSED. Sometimes he would even sit up and cry. He can starts this routine several times throughout the night and last as long as an hour. On bad times, I may have to bring him out in the living room to sing and rock him to sleep again. And its draining me as a Sleep-Deprived-Breastfeeding-Mom. **SOS**
UNFORGETTABLE INCIDENTS
1. On the 1st night without upapa, uboi was sleeping when I mumbled into his ears telling him "... Daddy working, not coming home for 3wks..... u must be good boy.... must listen to mummy......"
Guess wat?!
uboi moved and used his hands to cover his ears!
wahahahahaaaa...... is that sign of defying boy or naggy mom?
2. The musical toy on his walker was long out of battery and 1 of the train was detached. Whenever, he pressed the buttons, without the usual music and movements, he looked Bored and Uninterested.
1 day I decided to play the role of daddy and repaired the toy. Took out upapa's toolbox and vola ... it worked again!
When uboi woke up, I placed the toy on his walker and placed my finger on the button prompting him to press. He really pressed and the music and movements returned.
uboi SMILED!
My tiredness suddenly all disappeared watching his naive and easily-contented smile...... That moment of joy was undescribable. Its definitely far more satisfying than any of my accomplishments in my years of studies and work!
Guess that's what people mean by Joys of Parenting
No comments:
Post a Comment